Sorry I’ve been a bit absent, I’ve been updating the site, so there should be a lot more content coming up in the next few weeks! In the mean time, I’ve been eating these amazing banana pancakes. Honestly, they’re completely incredible!
When I was younger I wasn’t really a fan of pancakes. I used to pile jam on them, and I’ve always found jam pretty sickly, so that probably wasn’t the best start. I’m from England, so my early memories are of thin, flat pancakes, which I think the majority of the world refer to as “crepes”. Then I discovered American “fluffy” pancakes and my loving and caring relationship with pancakes was born!
There is nothing better than a fluffy banana pancake as a treat for breakfast, or a comforting meal. I remember on a snow day during my exams, after a snowball fight my friends and I descended on a friends house for pancakes. They honestly are the perfect treat.
Traditionally, they are full of dairy. Obviously, this isn’t ideal for me, but as with everything in this world, where there is a will, there is definitely a way! These bad boys are bound with mashed banana, and I used almond milk as a substitution for regular. I’ve also tried them with coconut milk, and they taste awesome too. I think the coconut gives it a lovely flavour but almond is a lot less imposing.
These pancakes are moist and fluffy, and they go really really well with homemade nut butter (I love putting my own “nutella” on mine!). If you give these a go, let me know how they work out!
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 1 nana (mashed)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- Almond milk - at least 1 1/2 cup, just keep adding until its the right consistency
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combine
- Heat a pan with some coconut oil (this has a higher heat rate and so works much better for pancakes)
- Cook each pancake until golden brown on both sides (extra points for a flip!)
- Cover with your favourite toppings and enjoy!