As I am writing this, I am eating a big slice of banana bread, and it feels like all’s right with the world. There is something so incredibly comforting about banana bread, it feels like home. I’ve made this banana bread a little different, as always. Can I please present to you, my Vegan Nutella Swirl Banana bread.
It’s incredibly sweet, and incredibly feeling at the same time. The inside stays moist and as it has relatively low sugar, it is definitely a legitimate breakfast! You could top it with so many things, such as yogurt, berries and nut butter, but you could also just have a slice on it’s own and be contented.
The recipe for this nutella swirl banana bread is really simple, and it’s also really easy to adjust and adapt depending on your tastes. For example, instead of adding chocolate you could add blueberries to give it extra sweetness, or strawberries would work really well too when they are in season.
I really love the taste of banana and chocolate, which is why I have added a nutella swirl. I think they are probably the world’s most perfect couple, alongside avocado and basically everything! I have a recipe for how to make nutella here, but if you’d rather buy your own Bionna do a great dairy and sugar free kind.
This nutella swirl banana bread is just so perfectly delicious and moreish. It is the perfect thing to make if you have family or friends who are a little sceptical of eating more plant-based foods. I think you’d be hard pressed to guess it is vegan!
I hope you enjoy it, if you make it please send me a photo! I love seeing them. Tag me on Twitter, share it on my wall on Facebook or use the hashtag #myfruitykitchen on instagram and tag me in the photo so I can see!
- 75 ml melted coconut oil
- 100g pecans
- 100g walnuts
- 200g oats
- 4 large ripe oats (plus an additional one for decoration on top if you want)
- 100g sugar (coconut or brown work well)
- 100ml maple syurp
- 100ml milk (I used brown rice milk)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75g dark chocolate broken up (I bash mine with a rolling pin)
- 150g hazelnut spread ("nutella" - I made my own)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees, fan oven
- Grease a bread loaf tin with coconut oil
- Blitz the oats in a blender or food processor until fluffy. Put aside.
- Put banana, sugar, maple syrup, milk and coconut oil in your blender and blitz until well combined. Then add the oats, baking powder and a pinch of salt and blitz until combined.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate
- Pour batter into a loaf tin. Add spoonfuls of the nut butter into the batter mix and using a table knife, swirl it around to make a marble effect
- If using, cut your last banana in half, push it into the top of the batter. Sprinkle with a little sugar to caramelize the banana
- Cook for 1 hour, or until a sharp knife comes out clean
- Leave to cool before taking out of the tin