Summer is one of the best times for food. Everything is so light and fresh, and really energising. These Vegan Mango Summer Rolls are particularly great as you don’t have to cook anything – you can eat all of the veggies raw, which makes them taste so fresh.
I adore mango. It’s one of my all time favourite fruits, and it has definitely featured on this blog a few times! Their colour is amazing – so bright and happy and they taste so delicious. In my opinion, they are nature’s answer to sweets – colourful and full of (natural) sugar! Dried mango is also an incredibly delicious snack if you’re ever feeling peckish!
These mango summer rolls are so simple to make, they are definitely something you can make to impress your friends, especially when it only takes you about ten minutes to prepare! I’d never used rice paper before making these, and the first thing I learnt was that you have to soak each paper individually, or you get a massive clumps of it, which isn’t particularly appealing to anyone to eat…
You could put any veggies you have lying around in these summer rolls, if you don’t like cucumber, but you love carrot, chuck it in! The great thing about these is that you can really make them you own. I found them to be a great way to use up all of the spare vegetables I had.
The real star of this dish though, is the mango dip. It’s like tasting a bit of heaven. It incorporates all of my favourite things – mangos, almond butter and coconut – the dream team! The added chilli flakes give it a kick too, and really complements the sweet mango.
I cannot get enough of these. I really don’t see how I had never made spring rolls like this before! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. If you make them, let me know on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Pack of rice paper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 6 tomatoes
- Orange pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- Spring Onion
- Chilli Flakes
- 2 mangos
- 2 tbsp rice syrup (can be substituted for another, like maple)
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp chilli flakes
- Boil some water and let sit in a shallow dish for ten minutes
- Prepare all of your veggies by individually chopping them into portions you can put in your rolls - don't worry if it looks like there is a lot, let overs are great for dipping in the mango dip!
- Once the water has cooled slightly, put a single sheet of rice paper in the water and submerge for 10-20 seconds
- Take the rice paper out of the water and spread out on a chopping board
- Fill it with a selection of your veggies, including the spring onion and a spring of chilli flakes if you want to give it a slight kick
- Fold the wrap in, so that it is packed together tightly
- Repeat this until you run out of veggies or rice paper.
- While you're repeating the process, keep the prepared wraps under a damp cloth
- Chop your mango into chunks, and remove the stones
- Separate the coconut water from the cream, keep the water aside for later, if required
- Throw all of your ingredients together in a blender until smooth
- If your blender has any trouble with blending the ingredients together, add in the coconut water, or some tap water to help it along.